Sunday, September 19, 2010

Float Tube Fly Fishing In Idaho Horsethief Res.

Fly Fishing In Idaho From Float Tube:

I just returned from a recent trip to Horsethief res. just outside Cascade Idaho. The fish were hitting on the troll. I run a medium fast sink line with a 3 foot section of 12 pound and then a 7 foot section of 2x 12lb. My fish of the day was a 15 1/2 native german brown trout. I would say for September fishing the action was great overall. I fished a total of 7 hours and netted about 40 fish. I trolled a small hares ear and a brown hackle leach. Going forward I will be adding photo's of my favorite fly's for each lake I fish. I feel the Idaho Fly Fishing experience should be shared and I am willing to give up my favorite places to fish and include what fly's I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment